My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One day you develop a headache. Which medicine do you use? Tylenol? Excedrin? BC? Do you feel like one particular kind works better with different types of headaches? Well, just like pain relievers, there are now several treatment options available for MS. After my diagnosis, I immediately started Avonex. I don't remember a discussion on this with my doctor concerning my choices and even if I was given an option I was so overwhelmed at everything that I wouldn't have been able to choose. I continued for 8 years using this treatment (with the exception of my 2 pregnancies). After Gilenya came out, I immediately wanted to switch so I didn't have to take shots anymore. So after being on that for a year and getting the worst MRI report that I've had I then again had to change treatments. The difference this time was that I had to make a switch because my body didn't respond to the medicine not because I wanted a different way to take my medicine.

So when I have a headache, I usually reach for Excedrin. But, if that doesn't work I eventually try something else and the pain subsides. The difficult part of MS treatments is that if one doesn't work then yes, you can try another one, but in the time that you are waiting to see if it's going to help, damage could be happening.

For the last 7 months I've been using Rebif. Unfortunately, I've still been experiencing some flare ups. With that and the data from my last MRI, it is time, again, to switch treatments. It's really weird for me since I've never had to keep changing different treatments. However, I'm confident that one will work. It's just a matter of not giving up. So, Tysabri, here I come!

Rejoice in The Lord always and He will give you peace that will surpass all understanding. There's no pill out there that can do that for you !

0 comments:

Post a Comment