My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An Amazing Story

I recently read a book, Kisses from Katie, that a friend of mine got me for Christmas.  It's about a high school girl that wanted to go on a mission trip.  After she did, her life was changed.  The Lord had put a great desire in her heart to go back for good to take care of the people of Uganda in their physical needs and more importantly, their spiritual needs. On a recent trip with my husband to Nashville, I got to see the area where she grew up.  The houses there aren't just big, they are huge! She talks a little about growing up in a wealthy family and I can definitely see that.  The most amazing thing about it is that she traded all the comforts of her life to live on a little cot just above the dirt floor with a mosquito net covering her bed.  The book details the events of her every day life.  It is incredible on what has changed in the villages of Uganda from one really young girl obeying her calling.  The book, her story, was such an encouragement to me in that whatever God calls you to do He will give you the ability to carry it out...in a big way!

Matthew 28:19-20

I highly suggest reading the book!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment