My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Engagement Story

Every one loves a love story so I'll share mine...

July 1, 2008 I had just left work.  I was sitting in my car when my doctor called to give me the results from my MRI that I had a few days prior.  He told me I had 8 new lesions and some were active.  I was heartbroken.  It was the worst report I had up to that point and I knew it was my fault.  I struggled so much with not wanting to take my shots that I missed some.  Every week when it came time to take my medicine, I would tell myself that I really shouldn't take it because I had to wake up early the next morning and I didn't want to feel bad from the side effects.  Each week it was always something and I continued to fight myself.  I did take it, but only about 80% of the time was it on the day that I was supposed to take it.  For example, if Friday's were my shot day and I didn't take it until Sunday, then the next week when it got to Sunday I would make up another excuse and push it back til Tuesday.  So on and so on.  I knew that the inconsistency was a large reason for the number of lesions that had shown up on my report.

So, there I was sitting in my car crying when I got off the phone with my doctor.  I drove myself home and called Casey.  I didn't tell him anything, but that I needed to talk to him.  Later that night I drove over to his house and sat on the end of his bed.  I started trying to tell him about the conversation that I had with my doctor, but my words would barely come out. My tears were pouring down my cheeks as he held me trying to calm me down.  I eventually was able to get most of it out.  His response was everything I needed to hear; everything I wanted to hear.  He said things like, "I will always take care of you no matter where MS leads you" and "I love you".  In an effort to get me to finally smile he said, "even if you end up in a wheelchair I will push you around and make you do wheelies".  With that I was able to stop all my crying and I gave him a big hug.  He then told me to wait while he went to get me a tissue (I had mascara everywhere!).  A second later he came back and knelt down by my side.  He held out his hand, not with a tissue, but with a ring!  He asked me if I would marry him!  I was one of those girls who forgot to say "yes".  I was just so overwhelmed!

He later told me that he had been waiting for the perfect time and place to do that.  I know that night, in that moment, was the perfect way for us to become engaged.  He has definitely fulfilled his promises that he made to me that night and I know that he always will....

I love you, Casey, to the moon and back...

0 comments:

Post a Comment