My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Remembering to be Thankful

The other night Casey and I were working out in the garage. I couldn't believe how fast you can get out of shape! After our workout, I was visibly disappointed with myself. How could I be so worn out after a 30 minute workout? Seriously?! I use to be able to ride my bike for hours! Then, while we relaxed in our chairs watching our kids ride their bikes, my husband graciously reminded me I need to be thankful. He reminded me that many years ago when I wasn't able to walk, I prayed for The Lord to allow me the ability to teach the kids just to ride their bikes. That's the only thing I wanted. I needed that from my husband to get the focus off of me and what I thought was a failure of a workout. I have so much to be thankful for and to give praises to Jesus Christ for!

Lord, help me to see the blessings that surround me.

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:15-17

0 comments:

Post a Comment