My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mystrength413.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Where Do I Find My Joy?

The results from my latest MRI are in!  From what I can understand through all of the silly medical terms of parts of the brain (peduncle is my favorite) I have no new lesions!!!  That makes 5 MRIs in a row that have been clear.  I still have all my other spots, but not having any new ones in 1 1/2 years is an amazing thing to be able to say.  However, as I was waiting for my results to come in I was thinking what if something did show up on my MRI?  Would I become sad? angry? maybe question why God has seemed to have lifted His blessing from me?  I can honestly say that stuff didn't cross my mind.  No, it's not because somehow I'm more spiritual or whatever.   I can say that because my joy is not found in my circumstances, but The Lord Jesus Christ!

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Since I proclaim that I love The Lord, I have to live it out.  If I'm constantly focused on Him, why would it matter if I had a "negative" report?  My roots need to be grounded in the gospel and the only ways that's going to happen is if I'm daily in His word.  So, where do I find my joy? I find it in Lord Jesus Christ! I encourage you to do the same!  He is worthy.

Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created. Revelation 4:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment